Followers

Thursday 15 February 2024

15/02/2024 - Checking In ……

 Thursday 15th February 

Hello are you checking in?

Errr I don’t know - I don’t quite understand what’s going on

Don’t worry it’s going to be fine - what do you remember? 

Well - I was sat on my sofa, thinking about things I’ve been putting off doing but really want to do. 

Like what?

I don’t know, spend more time with family, cook more, love more, appreciate nature more. Maybe travel a bit more, make new friends, connect with old friends, get fit - stupid stuff really.

And now……

Now I don’t know where I am or what’s happened? I don’t remember - I was sat watching TV and then darkness and I wake up here

In heaven 

Oh - what? Oh no - that can’t be right, I’m too young. I always thought I had loads of time to live my life …..

Sadly we never know how long we’ve got - but you know it’s all going to be fine - look over there, all these people and pets have been patiently waiting for you. It’s all going to be ok. 



How long is a piece of string - who knows - how long do we have here - nobody knows. Live in the moment and appreciate the small things more.  Life can be tough but you’d be surprised at how much joy the simple things can bring. 

Find me on Facebook- Pembrokeshire Poet

Joanne C Hicks copyright ©️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment