Followers

Wednesday 17 July 2024

17/07/2024 - Never-ending Life….

Wednesday 17th July 2024

If you could pop a pill that gave you eternal life
Would you take that offer and live forever more
It wouldn’t guarantee a life without any strife
But it would guarantee you won’t knock on deaths door

Would you want to live forever in an ever changing world
Getting up each day and juggling daily tasks
Would you want to live life slow or in a supersonic whirl 
A life never ending dividing up into different acts

Do you think you’d become wiser and learn the perfect ways
As time provided never ending rehearsals of what not to do
Would you no longer appreciate the minutes, hours or days 
Would eternal life influence your personal view 

I’d hate to live forever and just go on and on 
As much as I love life and feeling I belong
If I’ve got my health, family and my home
I will appreciate my time for however long!

Joanne C Hicks copyright ©️ Pembrokeshire Poet

Find me on Facebook - Pembrokeshire Poet
Find my poetry book Eloquent on Amazon! 








No comments:

Post a Comment