Followers

Saturday 4 March 2023

A Broken Mind

A Broken Mind

I hear you’ve broken your arm.
How on earth did you come to such harm?
Are you in pain? Does it hurt very much?
How annoying you can’t grip or even touch.

I hear you’ve twisted your ankle. 
Fell over and landed at the wrong angle.
I can see how hard it is for you to walk.
I’m here if you want to just sit and talk.

I hear you slipped and broke a rib. 
How on earth did you manage to trip?
I can see the pain you are in as you breathe.
You are doing it through gritted teeth. 

I hear you took a nasty tumble. 
You’ve every right to moan and grumble.
I can see that awful cut on your arm.
You rest up and stay nice and warm.

I hear that she’s just sits around.
Miserable face and deep seated frown.
She never wants to sit and chat.
I can’t be bothered with any of that.

I’m trapped within my own head.
Some days I just lay on my bed.
My mind is broken but nobody knows 
You see broken minds just don’t show.

I try and get out of these four walls.
Sometime I just can’t answer my calls.
So I sit and watch the clock - tick tock. 
If only I had someone who’d just sit and talk.

Mental health is invisible to you and I.
So if someone is aloof maybe ask yourself why. 
Physical injuries are so clear to see. 
A broken mind could happen to you or me.

#mentalhealth #invisibleinjury #pain #talk #bekind

J C Hicks 28/2/23 copyright ©️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment