Followers

Monday 18 September 2023

Equality For All

My name is Miles and I’ve been a Christian all my life
I’ve always had a good soul and love my beautiful wife
We’ve always done good deeds and helped out others
What’s mine is yours, you are all my sisters and brothers 

My name is James and I’ve lived a troubled life
I’m starting to sit and wonder about the afterlife
I’ve stolen from my friends and really been quite selfish
I look at my neighbour Miles who has been so unselfish 

Both men are reflecting on the lives that they have lived 
Miles has been thoughtful, kind and never once deceived
James has done the opposite and not given time to others
James can now see his errors and how others have suffered 

Miles has sat in judgement of his wayward neighbour James
Miles sits in disbelief - as he hears what James now claims James has turned to God and asked for help to change his ways
Then the time came when both men came to the end of their days 

Miles rose in all his glory and ascended up to heaven 
He finally met his maker and knew he had no indiscretions 
As Miles looked around - content with his whole life 
He looked on, baffled - there stood James whose life was full of strife 

Lord - I do not understand how this man has risen to glory 
I’ve known him all my life and his is a sorry story
He led a life of sin and was thoughtless, vile and cruel
Surely his ascension goes against all the “rules”

The Lord turned to Miles and placed his hand upon his shoulder
My son, don’t you understand, we can all change as we get older
Glory isn’t based on how long you lived your Christian life
There is room at my table for those who repent and turn their backs on sin and strife 

Joanne C Hicks copyright ©️ 18/9/23





No comments:

Post a Comment