Followers

Sunday 12 May 2024

12/05/2024 - Music is my medicine

Sunday 12th May

I have an invisible medicine that helps me day to day
It’s embroiled in airwaves that float out and play
It such a powerful source and is there for you and me 
It can take you on a journey that can sometimes set you free 

Music is my medicine and it has a super power 
It can take your emotions and make you feel empowered
It can trigger feelings of sadness or make you feel elated 
It can take you down a road visiting memories you created 

It can hold a simple structure or be a complex beast 
It holds a magic key where emotions just release
For those that sadly can’t recall the days gone by 
It brings memories flooding back without having to try 

It’s such a wonderful feeling listening to that beat
Sometimes in that moment you truly feel complete
Like each note has seeped into your very soul 
Cares drop away as it transports you down a hole 

Yes music is my medicine 
And it’s available to all

Joanne C Hicks copyright ©️ 
Pembrokeshire Poet 


No comments:

Post a Comment