Followers

Sunday 7 November 2021

The pigeon’s demise πŸ˜₯

The pigeon’s demise πŸ˜₯ 


Well today saw the end of a beautiful relationship.

The end of what could have been a wonderful courtship. 

A glorious day, the sun shining bright 

Little did I know of the poor pigeon’s plight!

I stroll to the coffee shop with not a care in the world

And there on the pavement, my pigeon, wings furled. 

I say wings furled that’s strictly not right 

For I was met with an horrific sight!

My beautiful pigeon, who’d led me a merry dance

Well it looked like he hadn’t stood a chance. 

For there he lay and he was as flat as a pancake.

Probably diminished at the start of daybreak. 

He’d probably been sat minding his own business 

Maybe even looking forward to Christmas 🀷🏻‍♀️

But alas for it was just not meant to be.

No more pecking about under the church trees

Gone in a moment - a very sad passing 

Now there will be no more coffee shop trespassing. 

So rest in peace my poor feathered friend 

I only hope that it was quick at the end. 

πŸ˜₯

J C Hicks Copyright 7-11-21

No comments:

Post a Comment