Followers

Thursday 20 January 2022

That handy extra shelf ……🙈🤦🏻‍♀️😂

That handy extra shelf ……🙈🤦🏻‍♀️😂

 Isn’t it handy, don’t you think, 

your body develops an extra shelf.

I’m talking of course about my rounded tummy.

It’s here I can let my hands just rest.

It’s also quite handy for balancing chocolate bars.

And it’s a brilliant help when eating my dinner,

As I find it keeps my plate of goodies stable. 

I feel a little dismayed when I look in the mirror.

That visual reminder of why people say “muffin top”.

A finely formed rim around my waist.

Distinctively tyre shaped but soft and squidgy.

I look back at old photos when I thought I was fat

Seems quite ludicrous now my body’s rounded out.

So here I am - another new year.

No New Years resolutions for me - I can’t keep them.

But a commitment to try and improve my diet!

So wish me luck as I try and be good.

Mmmm maybe I need to stop baking biscuits and cakes! 

Do you know what though at the end of the day

Your size doesn’t matter - it’s your mind and your health! 

Money can buy the most wonderful things.

But no amount of money can buy you good health! 

So let’s all be more accepting of our bodies 

Focus on good health and just being kind! 


J C Hicks Copyright 20-10-22



No comments:

Post a Comment