Followers

Thursday 18 May 2023

Letters to Heaven

Letters to Heaven 

If heaven could receive letters what would you say 
So much to say since the day you slipped away 
I’d tell you that I’m doing fine and loving my life
It’s not all been perfect - I’ve had my share of strife.

I feel like you’ve been watching me from afar
I’d often stand, look up and imagine you’re a star
Our world stopped spinning on the day that you left. 
At times my heart hurt so much I felt utterly bereft 

But losing you made me a stronger day by day
I was angry and full of pain that you couldn’t stay 
But time has past and now I see that no-one lives forever 
Our time was precious and I have memories to treasure. 

I hope you are looking down and are proud of who I am
I will live a simple life and strive to be the best person I can 
I will tell my grandchildren what a great person you were
You will live on in my heart and I feel you’re always near. 

J C Hicks  ©️ 19/5/23 






No comments:

Post a Comment