Followers

Saturday 20 May 2023

The messenger from heaven

The messenger from heaven 

I sit and stare intently 
At the garden in full bloom
It’s a place of pure beauty 
It’s where you come to roam

The serenity which surrounds me
Is pure and so divine
It washes and envelops me
It’s like there is no time 

There you sit and look at me
Your head tipped to one side
You hop, jump and walk about
Sometimes it’s like you glide

You often stop in just one place
And I look into your eyes
I wonder if you are a gift from heaven 
My mouth turns to a smile

You seem to sit for such a time 
Just still and majestic 
You live a very simple life
Where mine is very hectic 

I reflect upon the paths we tread
And can see they are so different 
Yours is all about surviving 
Mind feels quite materialistic 

I sense you are a messenger 
From someone no longer here
I wish you could just hop up
And whisper in my ear 

Something startles you 
And you fly away
Mr Blackbird I do so hope
You will be back one day 

J C Hicks copyright ©️ 20/5/23




No comments:

Post a Comment