Followers

Thursday 15 June 2023

Captivating Caldey

Captivating Caldey 

Waves gentle landing on your golden sands
Wave after wave washing onto this holy land
Flowers bursting out in a kaleidoscope of colours
Blooming over and over for so many summers

Birds swoop and sway in the deep blue skies
A feast for our soul before our eyes
I step on the sand and it seeps through my toes 
An enchanting island that time simply froze 

The sun on the sea glistening like angels kisses
Through the woodland peeps out all of natures riches
Bees, butterflies, birds hiding the beautiful bountiful bushes 
In this perfect piece of paradise no one thing rushes 

Churches tucked away amongst the majestic trees
Tranquil and perfect - where your soul can be free
So many secrets shared between you and your maker 
Simple headstones for those gone to a place even greater 

A slice of paradise surrounded by serene seas
Is this what heaven is like - is this a gentle tease
I lie down and sink into the soft, smooth, silky sand 
I’m sure that I feel the whole of nature holding my hand. 

J C Hicks copyright ©️ 15/6/23

No comments:

Post a Comment