Followers

Sunday 31 December 2023

Your Invisible Cape

Your Invisible Cape

I wear an invisible cape 
Most of us do.
Some know they have it 
And it’s been their life glue.

My cape doesn’t mean 
that I’m a super hero.
It can take me at top speed 
But then drop down to zero.

It’s a sad state of affairs 
That not all capes are equal
And our early roots 
Can determine our sequel.

Society can also dictate
The shape and fit of our cape.
Forcing many to wear capes
That don’t fit their shape.

Some people are lucky 
And get a cape and passion.
Some capes are heavy
And cannot be unfastened.

The design of your cape
Is set early on
But it doesn’t have to be
The one that you don.

I can see you looking 
On most perplexed.
I can see that I’ve not
Shared my pretext.

This invisible cape I refer to 
Is your education.
But don’t think it’s just
From birth to graduation.

Each day we start anew 
New day and new dawn
Opportunities for learning 
To keep us moving on.

So never think 
It’s just too late for me. 
Remember education is vital
 and can help turn that key. 


J C Hicks Copyright 3-1-23











No comments:

Post a Comment