Followers

Sunday, 16 November 2025

Seeking Perfection

Seeking Perfection 

If I could just make my lips fuller
Then I’d feel good about myself 

If my stomach was a little flatter 
Then I’d feel good about myself

If my thighs were lovely and slender
Then I’d feel good about myself

If my nails were perfectly manicured 
Then I’d feel good about myself

If I could just hold back those pesky wrinkles
Then I’d feel good about myself

So I chased every promise
Wrapped up in bottles and jars 
Sampled every miracle cure
That was slipped into my feed

And yet……

I still didn’t feel whole and complete 

So instead I took time to spend in nature
I walked in silence soaking up the birdsong
I sat and read a book
I lingered over long conversations 
I took a long soak in a sumptuous bubble bath
I stopped trying to be someone I wasn’t 

I found myself

Realised beauty is within us. 

I never needed perfection.  

Joanne C Hicks Pembrokeshire Poet Copyright ©️ 
16th November 2025

Find me on Facebook “Pembrokeshire Poet” - author of Eloquent a collection of poems available on Amazon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment