Followers

Wednesday, 19 August 2026

That Song …..

That Song

That song; that song I keep hearing
It dances across the room into my ears
I hear it everywhere and sadness comes and hits me
Like a punch to my stomach 
Bang! 
That song
The song they played when we had to say our goodbyes
Too soon
Unexpected 
My heart is squeezed so hard like it’s in a vice
Suddenly I can’t breathe 
Thoughts sent into a swirling whirlpool of memories 
A tear slowly rolls down my cheek 
Followed by another
Cascading down my face - it’s salty wetness against my skin
Like a waterfall dropping into nowhere 
I wipe the tears away
My cheeks still wet - glistening in the evening sun
That song 
The song that will forever remind me of you 
The day we had to say goodbye

J C Hicks copyright ©️ 25/6/23 

No comments:

Post a Comment