Followers

Saturday 20 January 2024

20/01/2024 - Slip Sliding Away

 Saturday 20th January 2024

I feel the wind beneath my wings
When I’m up here my soul sings
I sweep and swoop through the jet streams
This is where I live my best dreams

I cast a glance down below 
So much I just don’t know 
I gaze upon the big wide space 
The wind blowing in my face

I look down upon the frozen pond
A feeding place of which I’m fond
But alas I cannot land on this sheet of ice
My feet would slide just like a dice

But wait what’s this - I see below
It’s my old mate, her name is Jo
She’s throwing seed upon the ground 
Right in to land without sliding around! 

I land and stop just in time 
I flew over at the right time!
I take a moment and stop and stare 
It’s great when humans really care 

Joanne C Hicks copyright ©️ 









No comments:

Post a Comment