Followers

Thursday 14 March 2019

Dad

I thought I saw you standing there just the other day
I turned around to wave to you but you must have gone the other way.

I thought I smelt that cologne you used to wear as I walked down the street
I felt sure if I kept on walking we would be bound to meet.

I thought I heard your laughter rising up above the crowd
It truly felt it was just above me like a joyful bursting cloud.

I thought I heard your voice today as I went about my day
So many times I looked for you hoping I’d see you come what may.

I thought I felt your warm embrace wrap around my body
You used to give me cuddles despite me being stroppy.

I thought I sensed your presence as I rested in the sun
But then I came to realise I was not with anyone.

I know that you are with us as each second ticks on by
For you never really left us despite us saying goodbye.

I know that you are guiding us as you watch from far away
Willing us to succeed as we live our life each day.

I know that you are watching us and wishing you were here
With all the folk that loved you and held oh so dear.

I thought I saw you standing there just the other day
So I looked up to the skies and gave you a great big wave 💞🥰

1 comment: