Followers

Thursday 4 July 2019

The little wooden box

Well as promised it was swim night! The best thing about glorious sunny weather - empty pool - yippee - it’s a long walk from that changing room to the safety of that pool you know. My word I absolutely did a catwalk routine from the changing room to the water having the place to myself 😂.

Also nice because whilst you are swimming back and forth (which is actually quite boring) you can pretend you’ve won the lottery and you are just winding down in your pool.  Thinking that you should be throwing a pool party for all your chums - oh but who to invite? Or pretending that you are not inviting real friends but your idols - you know like that old question- who would invite to a dinner party. I think I’d set The Beatles up by my jacuzzi and then I’d invite Martin Kemp to play in the pool - maybe Boris to fetch a ball or something - just to entertain me. Then Nelson Mandela could rest on the sun loungers and feed me words of wisdom. What do you reckon? Then in the changing room I would have The Killers so I could sing out loud whilst washing my hair. By the way in steam room and sauna I would pop some shallow self obsessed celebrity just to see if they “melted” 🤣.

So there I am, I can’t say dream to much about lottery style living or perfect pool party guests as I have to count my lengths - so annoying when you lose count. Seventy lengths later - oh yes people you heard me 70 lengths - are you impressed - no arm bands - no pink unicorn 🦄 inflatable - just sheer power. Seventy lengths ...... well ok so the pool is only 14 metres long but hey you were impressed momentarily weren’t you 😂😜🏊🏻‍♀️.  After my exhausting swim I thought I would venture into the sauna.

The sauna - the little wooden box. First mistake - I think I should have taken a towel to sit on - man that wood was hot hot hot 🥵. Well by now there were people in MY pool so I thought well I can’t just walk straight back out - defeated by dry heat.  So I perched my ample bottom on the edge of the wooden seat. That was ok but now my feet were burning - so I had to sort of put them up on tip toe. I sat looking out - beyond MY pool - through the windows which framed the wonderful, serene countryside. Field upon field, sheep grazing, wonderful strong, tall trees with years of secrets hidden away, the church nestling in between the glorious outdoors. It was a beautiful scene - peaceful. So here’s the strange thing - I’m sat, well perched, in the little wooden box (hot box) - I’m feeling like I’m in the doctors surgery waiting to be seen, I’m doing that whole looking around, up, down, sideways - move feet ouch. Survey wonderful view ..... wondering how long I’ve actually been in there - one minute probably.  Do that whole pretend to whistle thing. Then actually think mmmmm if I had my phone now I could scroll through endless rubbish (like this blog lol 😆)! No! Stop! What is wrong with me - I must have lasted 5 minutes - 5 minutes in a box of emptiness - just me my burning buttocks and a full mind. It made me think how we’ve just forgotten how to stop, relax, think about nothing and how hard it is to do that! Well for me it is - my mind just doesn’t stop - it’s like mindless drivel on a loop 🙈.

So the challenge? To be more zen 🧘🏻‍♂️ - even if it is in a little wooden box which burns your bottom. Note to self take towel in next time - who knows I may be try the steam room next - are you with me........🤣.

#Mindfulness #LifeIsShort #UnicornsRule #Relax #chill

No comments:

Post a Comment