Followers

Saturday 4 April 2020

Rainbow nails .........🌈

Rainbow nails .........🌈

I’ve got teddy bears in my window and time upon my hands
I’ve stocked up on my loo roll & I’ve a cupboard full of cans.
I need to paint a rainbow for all the world to see 🌈
And I find myself obsessing because I saw a big fat bee. 🐝
I’m standing on my drive clapping with my friends
Then rushing back inside as my hands I need to cleanse.
I’ve learnt I’ve been washing my poor hands oh so wrong 🙈
Apparently we need to do it to a good old sing a long 🎶 🎤
My post is being delivered by a new found super hero
And the miles I’ve put upon my car are a big fat zero! 🚗
I never thought I’d stand and wash my shopping clean
My shopkeeper serving me from behind a massive screen!
My home is now my sanctuary, a place to keep us safe
People donning gloves and masks upon their face. 😷
Our wonderful world has been turned upon it’s head
But now we’re looking out for each other instead.
So paint your nails in rainbow colours
And put your hair into those rollers.
We need to look our best as we clamber through this crisis
And remember that to live is a prize that is just priceless ❤️

J C Hicks Copyright 4-4-2020












No comments:

Post a Comment