Followers

Tuesday 19 May 2020

Drive by diet.........

Is it just me that sits in my car and thinks, I can change the world!
Sat behind that steering wheel I see all my goals and problem slowly unfurl.
I’m sat tootling along and begin to think about all I think I’m failing at
I can’t stop eating for a start, so I’m gathering a bit of fat!

But before I’ve barely gone a mile down the road, I’ve convinced myself I can diet 🤷🏻‍♀️.
I run through my new eating regime and decide it will be best if I do it on the quiet. 🤫
Yes I will eat fruit for breakfast and a fresh crisp salad for my lunch
If I’m feeling peckish I will have a pot of raw carrots I can munch. 🥕

Drive by diet.........


By the time I’ve covered 10 miles I feel I’ve already lost a stone
I mean I’m mentally convinced I am already just skin and bones,
I breathe in deep to suck everything in - yes I definitely think I’m thinner
I start to think that maybe I will just have a small pudding after my dinner 🤔.

Then it’s that moment as you drive along and pass those runners in a throng
Oh yes you will definitely take up running again, I’m sure they’d  let me tag along?
So by the time you’ve gone another mile,  you are now running marathons
Mentally you are hanging up more running medals - gold, silver and bronze.

So by the time you pull up at your destination you’ve slimmed and toned your tired body
In your mind you’ve changed your life - your body no longer worn and shoddy!
You leap out of your car with a determined stride and skip in through the front door
You flop on to the sofa, your mind already straying - not so sure now about your food war!

Slowly your mind is saying, you could just start tomorrow - I mean this day is almost done 🤷🏻‍♀️
Besides you’ve got that chocolate bar half eaten and salad - well you’ve none!
Yes we will start again tomorrow, I will get myself organised it’s going to be a breeze
Well you do first need to polish off the crisps, biscuits, cakes and cheese ......

#Diets #NeverEasy #DriveByGoals 😂 #Changes. #CarJourneyDreams

J C Hicks Copyright 19-5-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment