Followers

Saturday 16 May 2020

Lockdown Loneliness

Lockdown Loneliness 

Loneliness - a silent killer that creeps from nowhere
Suffocates your heart and mind
Left feeling that life is no longer kind
All that you are left with is just you and your prayers.

Loneliness - where did you crawl from in all your glory
Ripping the soul from my beautiful life
I once was somebody’s wonderful wife
Memories swimming all around now feeling like a story

Loneliness - nobody knows how quietness is not want you want to hear
Surrounded by silence - no escape
Your only view a Constable landscape
Remember when your house was full of loved ones who you held so dear

Loneliness - your fingers creeping slowly up my neck to stifle the air I breathe
Sat remembering happier days gone by
A houseful of people and full of joy
My house once my castle has become my prison and that just makes me seethe.

Loneliness - how can you come in and make my once full life feel so empty
I’ve photos around me of days gone by
My family now gone but there’s been no goodbyes
Living their lives to the fullest they can, leaving the nest in their early twenties.

Loneliness - something I never dreamt would slide into my beautiful home
Every day the same - sat all alone
My precious family are all fully grown
My job done as my loved ones spread their wings and are starting to roam.

Loneliness - I won’t let you consume my every waking hour and suck out all my hope
I’ve lived a full life and I’m thankful for that
It’s nobody’s fault my home is becoming my trap
So I will take the mantle and strive to bring joy and help any others trying to cope.

J C Hicks Copyright 16-5-2020


No comments:

Post a Comment