Followers

Wednesday 1 January 2020

#REDJanuary 2020 - a leap of faith into the dark

RED January Day 1 - nearly a non starter........

What a way to start RED January - I’ve been feeling poorly having had a stupid cold (note how it will only ever be referred to as “stupid” cold as it’s so annoying). It’s left me drained and my sinuses blocked so my head is like it’s in a vice.

I got up - always a promising start -  I pulled on my red t-shirt but with my jeans - there was no running going on here today that was for sure. Cooked a roast dinner and then promptly fell asleep on the sofa. 😴  I had gained something over the course of the day (in addition to more weight!) - some attractive stains down my lovely red t- shirt identified as gravy and strawberry tart 😂🙈.

The whole house had written me off , I was down and out day one. Oh no I was not going to let that happen. I had woken up and it was now dark but I knew I had to just bite the bullet and go for it.

The dogs were besides themselves with excitement - a walk - in the dark - the red hat was back out - the games afoot. I even managed to drag along Gina, told her she is now committed to RED January, she’s not so keen 😂.

So day 1 done - a 4K Walk in the dark - let’s hope that by day 31 I may be able to utter the words - today I went for a run ........💪🏻👍🏻🏃‍♀️ #2020Goal #LCW #CardiffHalf

#REDJanuary2020 #Day1 #MIND #MentalHealth #GetActive


No comments:

Post a Comment