Followers

Thursday 9 January 2020

REDJanuary2020 Day 9 - the worm turns .....

Day 9 - well we did not see that coming ........

I drag my sorry, tired, miserable body in through the door after another long day in work. I head straight into the kitchen to suss out the tea situation, which was in hand - fabulous. As I stood willing the food in the oven to cook faster (because I was so hungry) I picked up my best friend (that’s shocking I know) - I click on to good old book of the face. Here I’m greeted with my memory from last year - red t-shirt, red hat, big smile - smashing RED January 2019. I scroll down to be greeted with lots of running posts - people posting their running achievements for that day. I sigh and think about that flipping stepper sitting in the lounge and my blog. I just thought to myself I cannot do another night bobbing up and down “stepping into flipping Christmas” 🙈. I took a deep breath and thought right - enough is enough is - like the song “Enough is enough (is enough)
I can't go on, I can't go on no more, no”.  I felt this pang that I wanted to be doing what everyone else was doing - not just stepping in my lounge! 💊ðŸŧ

So I marched down to the bedroom and pulled on my fabulous red t-shirt (2020 version) and my head torch - other items of clothing were also put on ....... 🧐ðŸĪ“😜. Benji Boo was following me round  tail wagging, looking ever hopeful - it was like he was saying I recognise that t-shirt, I remember that mad January last year, out all hours come wind or rain (or snow!) 🙈. Please say we are going (and don’t bring the white one ðŸĪŠ).

I grabbed his lead and felt my stomach lurch as I finally stepped out the door - we were out - first hurdle. As I walked down the drive all I could hear in my head was - you won’t be able to run, you’ve not run since October ðŸ˜ą. 

A little walking warm up and then I started a slow plod. Oh look at me, look at me - running (albeit very slowly and like a baby elephant). I felt a little wave of excitement- that was soon suppressed by not being able to breathe, legs feeling like they were going to snap, chest feeling so tight,  cold air hurting my lungs and coughing. But I was out there and it was just me, my Benji boy and the night sky - no music, no phone - just someone breathing so heavy it sounded like Darth Vader was in tow ðŸĪĢ😜. 

So not fast, not pretty but short run done ✅- whoop whoop 🙌. Few twinges so I think I need to get back on the strengthening exercises as well - maybe, just maybe I’ve found a smidgen of red motivation 👍ðŸŧ💊ðŸŧ🏃‍♀️.

#REDJanuary2020 #Day9 #MentalHealth #ThisGirlCanRun #GetActive 



No comments:

Post a Comment