Followers

Friday 22 February 2019

A working gal ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿ’ป

Here I am - I’ve not gone anywhere - I’m here hanging around like a bad smell ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™Š. It’s very difficult when you spend a massive chunk of your life driving to and fro to work and it’s the funniest thing, when you get there they expect you to stay ALL day ๐Ÿ˜ฑ- bit harsh ๐Ÿ˜‚.  All makes for all work no play..... but hey no worries here I am, home now and it’s the weekend.

Not much to say - yawn yawn - stay with me - it’s Friday night and we have the whole weekend ahead of us.  Very boringly I’ve got a sore throat but it’s ok I’m powering through and just medicating myself with a dark rich red substance - some medicine I picked up - big bottle - excellent value about a fiver - says on the label
MERLOT
Seems to be helping ๐Ÿท.

So I’ve been working and my lovely daughter and my two grandchildren have been home all week - oh the beautiful joys of half terms in England and Wales being at different times - thanks for that guys ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿคจ. So off I have gone every morning, being sent to work, with my grandson telling me all the lovely things that they are going to do and asking me “would I like to come?”. No sorry boy I’ve got to work ๐Ÿ™.  Then every night getting home and he runs up for a cuddle - first thing he asks, as he places his hand on my arm in a concerned movement, “was work hard nana”. One night I decided to say “yes really hard” to which he replied “why nana what did they make you do” ๐Ÿ˜ณ.

 They are very excited that we are all home tomorrow - I am just going to have to put all that washing and cleaning on hold until Sunday ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป‍♀️- what’s a girl to do!

Did have a bit of snigger tonight. My granddaughter had been itching, we could not work out why. Then tonight while she was in the bath she said to me “see nana that’s what I used to wash my body last night” - I looked “that’s not body wash” I tell her. ๐Ÿ™ˆ. “Yes it is” she says  “look it’s called Head and Shoulders”. ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ oh dear - I had to break it to her that it’s actually shampoo ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

Finished the week with some very exciting news too.  Oh yes baby - guess who is coming back and not next year - oh no - not even I the autumn - no as soon as July. Only Martin blooming Kemp - my very good friends were on it straight away - tickets secured ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Š. Ah man very exciting ๐Ÿ˜ƒ - I nearly wet myself! Personally I think he read my blog and thought aw I will go back let that poor old nana squeeze my hand again. Oh gosh I so hope he forgets to pack a shirt this time ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Only kidding ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜œ.

Half term next week - on that note I will just share one thing with you. I work in a school and I’m employed full time so I don’t actually have the school holidays off (no I’m not the caretaker in case you are wondering ๐Ÿ˜‚). It’s really weird when it’s holiday time - the majority of the staff are so pleased to see that half term break (which is very much deserved), so it’s all yay last day, have a fab break etc. I feel like I want to stand on the school steps like a member of the Waltons family waving and shouting “you have a good time Mary-Ellen” “rest up John boy” - I have a vision of me stood there waving them all off, have a fab time, missing you already, see you soon - then I turn close the door and roll up my sleeves and think right let’s get on with it before they all come back ๐Ÿ˜‚. It’s very odd but strangely I do actually still look forward to the holiday times - it’s like having the house to yourself while your parents are away - you love it - but you also love it when they come back too ๐Ÿ˜˜.

Well I best head off to bed - busy weekend ahead of me - oh no wait - Georgie boy has kindly come in to tell me that the washing machine is still full of washing. Gee thanks for that - I’m not pegging out at this time ๐Ÿคฃ.

❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment